Calculate KEI (Keyword Effectiveness Index)
Before you start building your website you need to know what your customers seek on the Internet. There is no reason to focus on phrases that no one seeks or on phrases with a very strong competition. The key to your success is finding the ratio (KEI) between frequently searched terms against the least number of pages where they can be found.
With this tool you can calculate which keywords are the best for you. Add, modify and delete an unlimited number of projects, completely free of charge.
The whole process consists of 3 easy steps:
- [Searches] - Explore relevant keywords using Google AdWords (Global Monthly Search Volume)
- [Results] - Check the current index of documents for each of them in Google
- [Keyword] - Choose the keyword that you like and press "Calculate"!
Higher KEI means more chances for success!
- What results can be achieved with this method?
You should know that the choice of interesting phrases and their correct inclusion into a document is not a 100% guarantee for success. Beforehand, you should analyse what to expect from the competitors for these keywords. Here is a short list of what you should check:
- What is the Page Rank of the best positioned web pages at this moment? (Install: Google Toolbar)
- How old are they? (Check: Network Tools> Whois: competitor.com)
- What is their registered volume, i.e. how many files they have? (Check: Google, query = site:competitor.com)
- How many links on the Internet lead to them? (Check: Yahoo! Site Explorer, Explore URL> http://www.competitor.com> Inlinks> Show Inlinks: Except from this domain )