Search engine optimization: IntroductionIf you are interested in learning how to succeed in having a website thousands of people can reach while searching for products or services you are offering on a daily basis, you came to the right place. Here you will achieve the following results:
- Long-term knowledge of how to ensure, on your own and without anyone’s help or any financial cost, that thousands of visitors can easily find your current or future projects/products on the Internet
- Completely free of charge explanations and easy solutions for effective promotion of your business, as well as how to realise additional visits to your website with minimal investments
The next step beyond the basics are advanced rules for more experienced web masters.
Search engine optimization: Basic rules
- URL: http://www.keyword.com
- Folder name: keyword/
- File name: keyword.file
- Have as many files as possible in the root of your web site:
- Use static pages as much as possible i.e. html, htm, shtml.
- <title>keyword</title> * 65 characters max
- <meta name=”description” content=”keyword”> * 255 characters max
- <h>keyword</h> * both for text and text links
- <b>keyword</b> * both for text and text links
- <body>keywords ... text ...
- <body>text ... keywords ...
- <img src=”keyword.file” alt=”keyword”>
- Text links: <a href=”http://www.keyword.com”>keyword</a>
- Image links: <a href=”http://www.keyword.com”><img src=”keyword.file” alt=”keyword”></a>
Search engine optimization: Advanced rules
Link buildingOutstanding results in search engines are a combination of everything mentioned above and links pointed to your website - unfortunately, one without the other does not work absolutely well. Therefore you need to devote particular attention to your link campaign and how to "earn" the natural links.
- A perfect scenario:
Websites (A, B, C, D, E, ... ) already established [pay attention to established] for keyword link to your website at http://www.keyword.com using the following HTML codes:
- <a href=”http://www.keyword.com”>keyword</a> and/or
- <a href=”http://www.keyword.com”><img src=”keyword.file” alt=”keyword”></a>
and you on your website have links pointed to trusted sources [pay attention to trusted sources] (websites X, Y, Z, ...) for keyword using also the following HTML codes:
- <a href=”http://www.X-or-Y-or-Z.com”>keyword</a> and/or
- <a href=”http://www.X-or-Y-or-Z.com”><img src=”keyword.file” alt=”keyword”></a>
So, how to "earn" the natural links? Here are some tips:
- Content is King!
- Have attractive photos / images
- Make cool videos
- Interact with your visitors
- or simply be different and use your imagination ...
Search engine optimization: Appendix
- D - Define: Project goals and timeline.
- M - Measure: Collect the data about you and your competitors.
- A - Analyze: Sort and analyze the collected data, make charts.
- I - Improve: Get better (Yea, you're right - that's a tricky part)!
- C - Control: Follow up your work: Google Analytics & StatCounter.
- Google PageRank
- Google webmaster help
- Google webmaster guidelines
- Google webmaster tools
- Google webmaster central blog
- Google toolbar
- Only Flash™ or Java™ for navigation. * for everything else they are OK
- Dynamically generated pages with session ID's i.e. http://www.website.com/cgi-bin/script/script.cgi?action=Read&SID=12231
ConclusionThe aim of everything is traffic. Traffic means customers, customers mean money. The road to customers leads only in two directions:
- Endless advertising
- Website properly optimized for search engines